Sunday, August 10, 2014

An Allday Sunday with Austin and Alley

max o  logo maincooters journal cover

You know it’s a bad TV day when the race at Watkins Glenn bores you, when you miss church due to an early morning hangover, and the only things on TV worth watching is the Disney Channel and Austin and Alley.

Questions arise here. First where are all those energetic, ambitious teens and tweens, that love to chase the spotlight? I could use a few of them. And where are the parents on these shows? Sure Liv and Maddie have the parental gig going, but outside of occasionally seeing Alley’s father in the music store you never see the other parents. Even so I could use a few of these ambitious people on my staff.

Trying to figure out how to sleep in the office, and all. It’s not that the place here in Ogden is kaput, its that if I don’t get my current landlord at least $200.00 and get some other items out of the way, my only roof over thyne head is the office. I waited all day yesterday for a brother of my new roomy, to show with some money, that would make the landlord relax, and why am I late with rent? Power bill; $100.00  , natural gas: 128.00 ,

$250.00 to Comcast, and of course rent on office, which I have a grand total of $8.00 left.

But, if I get the $300.00 from my new roomy, I can get the Church again with reservation , to cover the rest. It’s a thing of dependability and tenacity, and why do I do it?

Because , there are small business people, who depend on the noise we make on HazzardAyre as well as Maximum Overdrive Radio, to get the word out for their business’ , trouble is just like everything else the radio gig, is done all volunteer, I don’t make one thin dime from it, not one bleeding penny. It’d be nice if I did, but from the first wire that was connected to a $80.00 control board in 1976, to the mass control console of today, its all been the main mission to keep the Voice , not just the read, but the Voice of American Trucker talking, it’s the main focus to keep the words of the American towing professional being spoken, and the history and heritage of our beloved Dixie, being told. Everything else is fodder, and why? Because no body else does it. Just last night At a get together one gal, in the mix, had no idea of the historic military leaders of the war of great oppression or northern invasion. Yet one teen kid as a Sophomore in high school, had the right idea.

But I don’t get paid for this. In fact if I totaled up the hours , and expenses from the years of service to the club, lets just say I wouldn’t need SSI and VA money to survive.

Now if I can just get my new Roomy to fetch over the money and get on with living.

Keep it tween the ditches.

TTYLY(Talk-to-you-later-ya’ll)

RODEWOLF SIGTOEW CARD


Quote of the Day:
An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered.
--G.K. Chesterton
Psalm 46:1“[Psalm 46] For the director of music. Of the Sons of Koran. According to alamode. A song. God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.”

Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) . All Rights Reserved.
HOOKER TAIL1

No comments:

Post a Comment